As with any important religious occasion, Muslims follow the example (Sunnah) of Prophet Muhammad (SAW) and practice various Sunnah acts on Eid al-Adha.
What are the Sunnah acts for Eid al-Adha?
Here’s everything you need to do on Eid al-Adha:
- Make ghusl (take a shower or bath)
- Eat breakfast – the Prophet (SAW) ate dates before going out to prayer
- Wear the best clothes you have
- Apply fragrance/perfume
- Say the general takbeerat after Fajr prayer
- Walk to the mosque for Eid prayer – using a different route on the way back
- Perform Eid prayer in congregation (where safe to do so and socially distanced)
- Connect with friends and family (where safe to do so in person/virtually)
- Exchange gifts
Make sure you give your Qurbani before Eid prayer in order to not miss out!
Donate Qurbani now and make your sacrifice.